Thursday, February 16, 2017

Introduction

My project will detail the effects of many different forms of music and presentations of music on patients with memory loss. I will be spending time with and getting to know a collection of residents that I will research using specialized retention tests. These tests while differ based on each person, as memory loss and associated diseases effect each person differently.

These tests will include a collection of games (different forms of cards and puzzles) meant to test short term memory during periods of critical thinking, as well as conversationally to test longer term retention after I have a good knowledge base of each resident's pasts. I'll be running these tests in a variety of scenarios, some of which will include music from a CD player, personal headphones, and testing different time periods and genres of music. I will also be monitoring the reactions of the residents to the many different types of live performances incorporating music in either major, or minor ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment