Sunday, April 2, 2017

Week 6

For my sixth week I continued testing different genres with the Jeanette and Virginia, as well as catching up on the genres I had not yet tested with Tom. I started with testing the genres of rock and alternative. I noticed that Jeanette seems to meld her personality to the music she listens too when we play. When I turned on rock music, for instance, she became much more irritable and short, and when I played alternative, she was much more calm than irritable. She displayed an ability to support conversation and play with these two genres of music as opposed to Elvis, and Frank Sinatra. Virginia was improved by this music than the previous genres, and appeared more distracted than soothed by it, exacerbating her forgetfulness of the game rules. I tested Tom with Elvis, rock and alternative as well. Tom seemed to remain relaxed and strategic during the games wit hall three genres, though he reacted to conversation differently during each genre. During Elvis, he responded by smiling and laughing at whatever was said. When he listened to rock, he would act out a fair bit more, responding with whatever wit he could think of. Alternative caused him to almost shelter up, resulting in little response to conversation. I plan to use my remaining weeks to study exercise and it's relevance via morning activities, and attempt to study how different genres affect the C&D residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment