Sunday, April 9, 2017

Week 7

For my seventh week of interning I focused mainly on finishing my different genre experiments with Tom, as well as trying to determine which C&D residents I should run tests on over the next few weeks. I started by testing Tom with a game of crazy 8's and rock (as my testing last week was shorter than I had liked), and found that there was complete consistency with what I had observed previously. I then turned my focus to identifying some primary research candidates from C&D. To do so, I took into account what I had observed previously in live performances, which served as my best indicator without direct contact, as well as observing their morning activities. C&D have a much more active set of morning activities than A&B, consisting of beach ball volleyball, horseshoes, and the musical styling of Elvis, among other artists. In general, the residents were very active and eager to participate, two of whom especially enjoyed the activities, and reacted uniquely to the music being played, their names are Molina and Genevieve. Intrigued by my observations on C&D, as well as reading an article documenting the effects of exercise on dementia patients, I decided to observe and compare the morning activities of A&B to those of C&D. On A&B, the residents usually read from the Daily Chronicle, as well as playing games of ring toss, with music provided form the genre of  swing on the TV. The residents are primarily interested in napping during this time,  and only a few can be seen participating. It is my goal in the coming weeks to do what I can to test Molina and Genevieve in the same custom as I have tested Tom, Jeanette, and Virginia, as well as determine the reason why there are differences in participation among the residents of different sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment